Promise Skilled Nursing Facility of Wichita Falls is a specialized chronic ventilator unit for patients and residents who require the use of a mechanical ventilator and ongoing respiratory therapy care.
Overseen by a Board Certified Pulmonologist, our staff is specially trained in weaning and decannulation protocols and receives constant training on the most current treatments and techniques to provide quality care and achieve positive outcomes.
Our Patients/Residents Typically:
- Are on life support and require ventilator weaning and management
- Have a tracheostomy in place and require tracheostomy care and weaning/decannulation
- May be diagnosed with: Chronic Respiratory Failure, ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Neuromuscular Disease, chronic lung issues such as Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema, Lung Fibrosis, Pneumonia, and Lung Cancer
- Are recovering from a heart attack or accident
- Ventilator Dependent Unit
- Ventilator Weaning
- Board Certified Pulmonologist on Staff
- Continuous Respiratory Therapy Coverage
- CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
- BiPAP (Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure)
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG)
- Care of Tracheostomy Patients/Residents
- Tracheostomy Rounds on Patients to Ensure Decannulation Goals are Set
- Speaking Valves (In Conjunction with Speech Therapy)
- Postural Drainage and Percussion
- Resident and Family Education
- Hand Held Nebulizers
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Incentive Spirometry
- Aerosol Therapy
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pulse Oximetry
- Nocturnal Pulse Oximetry Studies
Promise Success Story
Due to a Muscular Dystrophy diagnosis several years ago, Diane Bellamy has been ventilator dependent and unable to breathe on her own. Over the years, she has lived in various skilled nursing facilities with limited mobility and ability to perform every-day life tasks. Since transferring to Promise Skilled Nursing Facility in 2014, Diane has truly proven to be a success story.
Having never been able to get out of bed to attend activities or other functions, Diane is now attending bible study regularly, enjoying parties and musical events held at Promise.
“I’m thankful for the amazing staff and awesome doctors at Promise who have been taking care of me and helped me to get well enough to do the things I love again” – Diane Bellamy, Resident